Walters Brothers H-D has been in business since 1921, established with Harley-Davidson since 1922 as Walters Bros. Harley-Davidson Motorcycle and Bicycle Shop.
Ambrose (Bruce) and Robert (Bob) Walters married sisters, Gladys and Myrtle Borts. In 1931, Bruce and Gladys purchased Harley-Davidson Sales and Service, located at 515 Franklin Street, Peoria, Illinois, from Dewey Simms. Bob and Myrtle Walters continued the business in Galesburg, Illinois.
Jefferson Street - Peoria, IL
In 1949, Bruce and Gladys built a new store at 1212 SW Jefferson Street, Peoria, Illinois. It became famous as one of the most modern dealerships, and included separate restrooms for men and women and a shower for travelers.
Wayne J. Wiebler, Owner In 1951, Wayne Wiebler, at age 14, started working for Bruce as an apprentice. Wayne worked his way through service, retail, and into management by 1968. Wayne purchased the dealership from Bruce and Gladys in October 1979. He has remodeled and expanded several times as the business continues to grow.
Wayne moved the dealership to the current location, 615 S. Maxwell Road in Peoria, in 1998. With this move, the dealership almost tripled in size, allowing all aspects of the dealership to grow.
Walters Brothers Harley-Davidson Inc. 615 S. Maxwell Rd. Peoria IL 61607 Phone: 309.697.1917Fax: 309.697.3292